Poh Lin TAN
Phone: +65 6327 8481
- LLB Hons (University of Southampton, UK)
- Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore)
- Family and Matrimonial Law
Poh Lin is an Associate Director at Attorneys’ Inc LLC and focuses her practice in Family and Matrimonial law. She has extensive experience in all areas of family practice, both in contentious and non-contentious matters. Poh Lin has represented families, including locals and expatriates, in the Family Justice Courts, High Court and Court of Appeal.
For contentious matters, Poh Lin has acted as lead counsel in:
- disputes relating to the care arrangements of child/children, i.e. custody, care and control and access;
- maintenance for wives and child/children (including applications under the Maintenance Orders (Reciprocal Enforcement) Act);
- division of matrimonial assets; and
- family violence (i.e. Personal Protection Orders (PPO) and Domestic Exclusion Orders (DEO)).
For non-contentious matters, Poh Lin has successfully negotiated contentious divorce, financial and child/children-related issues at mediation.
Some of her notable representations include:
- Acting as lead counsel in a Court of Appeal case ATT v. ATS (CA/CA 81/2016) (Unreported).
- Acting as lead counsel in a successful mediation at the Family Justice Courts for contentious ancillary proceedings and relocation.
- Acting as lead counsel in successfully representing a spouse in the Family Justice Courts in a variation of a Consent (Ancillary Matters) Order.
- Acting as lead counsel in successfully representing a spouse in the Family & Juvenile Courts in defending an application for Personal Protection Order notwithstanding a finding that there was family violence.
- Acting as lead counsel in successfully representing a spouse in the Family & Juvenile Courts and High Court (Appeal) in an application for Personal Protection Order.
Poh Lin is Assistant Secretary and a member of the Executive Committee of the Singapore Association of Women Lawyers (SAWL) and has represented SAWL by appearing on multiple live talk shows on LIVE93.8 where she shared her expertise on topics such as divorce proceedings, family and children-related issues. In addition, Poh Lin has also given talks on family law to various parent support groups and social workers at Family Service Centres. Poh Lin volunteers regularly at Legal Clinics in the Singapore Council of Women’s Organisation (SCWO).
Poh Lin is listed as a recommended lawyer in the Doyles Guide for Leading Singapore Family & Divorce lawyers in 2017.
Poh Lin was called to the Bar in 2004.